Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Source File missing notification from Alteryx

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am taking more than 300 files into Alteryx from common share folder. Name of the folders are like below

File_india_1

File_india_2

File_india_3..(even more)

File_America_1

File_China_1

File_china_2..(even more)

File_Japan_1,... like wise more files for all locations.

I have predefined 5 locations ( India, America, China, Japan, Mexico ).

How to notify from Alteryx that all locations files are there in the folder or any location files are missing.

11 REPLIES 11
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

Here is how you can do it.

Configure input tool to get filename like below

atcodedog05_0-1642171819597.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642172353976.png

Hope this helps : )

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Custom messages can be creating using the message tool.

csmith11_0-1642171798545.png

I'll share an example workflow that may give you some different ideas of how to leverage this tool for your use cases.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Karthick461, you can have a workflow that reads in all file names and performs a check agains a reference table, then you'd know if there are any locations missing. You can use the Email tool to send this information. However, if you are looking for a way to trigger a workflow if a file is present or not, you might want to look in this custom tool: https://github.com/bobpeers/Alteryx_SDK_EventTrigger 

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 

Since I am performing other actions from all the files I am importing, If I change my Output Filename as Field to "FileName Only" , will I still get other columns as regularly? Right..

Also the count records macro you used.. is that applicable for all users?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

The answer to both your question is Yes. Other columns will come as regularly and count record is an Alteryx pre-existing tool and will be available for all users.

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @csmith11 for your reply. But problem is,we cannot have the axact [Expected Number of Files ] count. it will vary for each location for every month.

If atleast 1 file is there for one location in the folder means , it should consider that file persent

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Just a slight modification, I was able to check if at least 1 value was found in a group, If a group is not found, then that group comes through the R output anchor causing a warning.

csmith11_0-1642430602607.png

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Is there anyway we can get this info as Email notification ?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

It's possible in my method you just need to use reporting and email tool after it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642527339297.png

Labels