Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sort for Specific Guidelines

mannino
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! I am trying to sort a set of data based on Three specific questions. There is a Primary Question that must be present to be included and two possible secondary questions that may or may not be present in conjunction with the first. I am trying to keep only the data where the Primary Question AND any of the other two questions are present. If any other question is asked, then that set of data gets dropped or if the primary question isn't asked it gets dropped. I have attached a workflow that I started, but it doesn't work as expected. In the Data Sheet I included the desired output as well as the logic behind what should be kept or dropped.

Thank you for your assistance in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @mannino 

Here's one way:

1. Used the tile tool to create Row IDs within each order
  2. Multi-row formula to check for 1st question and undesirable questions
  3. Summarize by order number to see if any rows were labeled drop
  4. Join the summarization and filter

Luke_C_0-1674850580929.png

markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @mannino , it sounds like a good use case for using Chained Apps.  Have a look at weekly challenge 175, where you'll get loads of solutions.

Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator - Alteryx Community

mannino
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you! This works perfectly for mty needs!

Labels