Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sort Tool - Cannot configure.

Aceejay
5 - Atom

Hi.  

I can't configure the sort tool.  no selection of fields is allowed.  in a new workflow, it doesnt seem to pick up the fields from preceding parts of the flow.

in old workflows, the sort values previously entered at shown (greyed out ) but cannot be edited

this is a "new" example.  configuration not possible.

Aceejay_0-1609236952954.png

and one made earlier.  configuration cannot be altered

Aceejay_1-1609237175731.png

Aceejay_2-1609237219481.png

5 REPLIES 5
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Aceejay,

Maybe try restarting your pc? 

If that will not help I would try uninstalling Alteryx as it looks like it isn't working correctly. 

Aceejay
5 - Atom

thanks @Emil_Kos .

i did try the reboot.  that didnt work.

i was hoping to avoid a reinstall and I was crossing my fingers that it was down to stupidity on my part.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Aceejay,

Probably it will take you less than an hour to reinstall it so it is the easiest thing you can do. 

It is a very strange issue and I never saw something similar. I don't think it is related to any of your actions. This tool doesn't behave correctly. 

The only thing that I have on mind is enabling and disabling configuration window:

Emil_Kos_0-1609239312673.png

Using CTRL ALT C. Maybe this will help you but I don't think it will be the case. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Aceejay 

1. By any chance, you dont have data coming in?

2. Reinstallation is not that difficult as it sounds and you can get upgrade😁

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Run Designer as Administrator

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels