Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sorry - NooB Question - Installing SFDC Connectors

jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

Sorry for what is probably an easy questions. We are three brand new users, and need to install the Salesforce connectors. I have downloaded the files, but I do not see an exe file anywhere, and I cannot find anything in the menu options that looks like an import function. I have looked at any of the online resources I could find - I cant find anything that explains the process. Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

The files you downloaded should be .yxi files.

If they are, you should just be able to double click on them, or click and drag them into Alteryx and it will prompt you to install them.  The YXI file gives Alteryx instructions on how to properly install these connectors for you.

Hope this helps! Let me know if that doesn't solve your problem!

jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

I should clarify - I am on a Mac, so I am running VM to use this. Not sure if that matters or not. I tried dragging and dropping the YXI files - won't work. I also tried opening those files using the Alteryx Designer app - no luck.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

As long as the YXI files are accessible by the VM that shouldn't be a problem.

What version of Alteryx are you running?

I just tested with the Salesforce Input tool on 2018.3 and was able to get it to prompt for installation:

claje_yxiInstaller.PNG

jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

I am running v 2018.4.4.54346. Alteryx Admin Designer.

jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

Actually - now that I am looking at it more closely I was trying to install the language files. I do not see any YXI files in the download - this is what I see below.

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 11.00.41 AM.png

jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

Ok - getting closer. I have discovered on the Salesforce Output Tool page, there is a hyperlink called Salesforce Output Tool Install. That works and is installed. For the input connector, I also now can get the executable to run, but I am getting the following error. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 11.16.56 AM.png

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

You may need Alteryx support to resolve that, but one thing that you can try, is to re-open Alteryx and when you do, right click on Alteryx itself and select "Run as Administrator" to open it.  Then, drag the YXI file into Alteryx.

If that doesn't work, I would recommend sending an email to Alteryx support to ask them what needs to happen.

jdebrincat
7 - Meteor

I opened a ticket with Alteryx Support. I gave those suggestions a try and got the same error code. Thanks for your help!

GarthG
7 - Meteor

I'm running into the same issue.  Were you able to find a resolution?

Labels