Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Something like Excel's "Solver" - to find adjustment coefficient for market share

egor_gazarov
5 - Atom

Dear friends, could you please help me with the following. Let's suppose I have a table with:

• Total market size by regions
  • Market share of our company, that we get from market agency

RegionsMarket sizeReported Market Share
Region A1,4008%
Region B1,50014%
Region C1,8007%
Region D70010%

But I also know that market share are not precise enough. Because total real market share in the country (that consists out of this 4 regions) is 12%. And if we do the math in table above, it will return us 9.6%.

In Excel I would make a cell called "Adjustment coefficient", make a new column "Adjusted market share" (reported MS multiploed by the adjustment coeffecient) and run solver to tell me, that if market share in each region is proportionally increase by 1.2510, our total market share in country will match.

But what is the best way to do it in Alteryx?

My goal is to get result like this:

RegionsMarket sizeReported Market ShareAjusted Market Share
Region A1,4008%10%
Region B1,50014%18%
Region C1,8007%9%
Region D70010%13%
1 REPLY 1
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

If I'm understanding this correctly, I can think of a couple approaches in Alteryx.

• Add a workflow constant "Adjustment coefficient" and then multiply each row (using Formula tool) by that coefficient
  • Use the formula tool to add a new column "Adjustment Coefficient and assign it a constant value; then another column that multiplies by this value.

I've attached a workflow that does it each way.  Hope that helps!

Labels