community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Snowflake ODBC - Generic Error Message

I've created an ODBC connection to Snowflake and am able to run queries through Toad.  I use the same connection in Alteryx through an Input tool.  When I create a query using the Visual Query Builder I can successfully run a query but if i use the SQL Editor and the same exact SQL I receive an Alteryx error stating "You have found a bug. Replicate, then let us know.  We shall fix it soon." Everything is being executed using the same account/credentials.  Has anyone else run into this or know what the cause is?  Thanks!

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Andrew, can I ask what version of Alteryx you're using, also can you be more specific about what driver you're using and what the database version is as well?

Thanks!

Paul

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

HI Andrew,

You should also note that Alteryx does not yet support Snowflake. As with many unsupported databases Alteryx can sometimes get data in using various drivers, but full functionality is not guaranteed. My expectation is that the error you're encountering is due to the fact that we don't support Snowflake at this time. If Snowflake support is something that is important to you please check out the Ideas page on http://community.alteryx.com and let us know!

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the response. I've been able to get to the point where I can run Select statements but not commands such as ALTER WAREHOUSE through Alteryx. I saw your comment regarding Snowflake being unsupported at this time so I'll wait it out.

Regards,

Andrew Schindler

Hello Paul, Alteryx Team,

Good day!

This is with reference to article on "Alteryx support to Snowflakes". Is snowflakes still in the list of unsupported database for Alteryx?

Kindly help us with your inputs.

Thanks,

Suprasad

Alteryx Partner

same question here: Snowflake is supposed to be supported, but through ODBC connection, the Alter functions still seem ignored...

Labels