This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Here is a screenshot of the workflow. It will take thirty seconds when including the second select tool.
1) The data source is an Alteryx database
2) The select tool would not change the time if I don't deselect any fields
3) Great suggestion... changing the field I am deselecting results in almost no increase to time. I've attached a second screenshot to show you the fields I have to choose from. If I deselect "file_name" the time shoots up. But, deselecting "gross_gpv" adds almost no time.
Something else I just realized is that the select tool adds no processing time if I disconnect the select tool's connection to the second filter tool.
The one thing that catches my eye is that the Vstring field increases the time and the Double doesn't. Also the Vstring field looks really large 327.. (even though they are Vstrings) - what is that number?
This is where I would try out different possibilities.
1) Add an Auto Field tool after the Input Data
2) Determine how long the longest file name is and in the first Select change the type to a Vstring with that length (+10%), and then try a String type.
3) Deselect a different Vstring field (reinsurance) and test that
P.S. posting the Select tool screenshot was very helpful.