Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Slow Input from Salesforce

JamesE
5 - Atom

Hi, I have a Salesforce Input which is pretty slow to run (~5mins) meaning I am not able to keep running each time I add a new tool to the flow. Is there a way to run it once and store the data somewhere in Alteryx so I can temporarily disable the input but keep running the data through the flow.

The only way I could think was to run it once and store the data in Excel which I could connect to quickly.

Thanks

James

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @JamesE,

You can do this using by right-clicking on the Salesforce tool and clicking "Cache and run this Workflow."

This will save your data locally and allow you to build the workflow. Once you have the workflow finished and you want to test with new data, right click again and remove the cache.

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
JamesE
5 - Atom

Amazing, thanks TrevorS.

I'm kinda between Alteryx versions at the moment as I cannot load the Salesforce Input tool into 2018.3 version ( this is the exact error I experience) so currently in 2018.1 which doesn't have that option. 

I'll sort my versions out as Cache & Run is going to be extremely handy!

Labels