This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I've come across what I believe to be a bug and haven't been lucky finding any information related to it.
I've noticed that whenever I use a formula to pick an output path with specific cells and sheets to use (as I constantly have to use template documents) the document becomes corrupt whenever I pick the "Skip Field Names" option.
This usually leaves me with three options. Either replace the headers and thus deleting the format in the process, or put the headers as data and then delete the entire line, or third: or delete the headers beforehand, de-select the skip headers option and output my data there, but then the first line of data is treated as text/headers by default and has to be formated anyway.
Not a huge problem to have but I believe the behaviour can be reproduced consistently.
Here's a simplified example along with the curruption error when running the file can be done in like a minute. The input is just some random cells with random data I made up.
I've tried with and without single quotes between the worksheet name and the cells in the formula too.
When opening the file the data is fine, the problem itself is the corruption error, which disrupts macros, workflows and is just generally anoying to have to save the file again just to use it.