Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Single output | Different sheets

amatzielmartinez
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

I have a workflow with three inputs, every input has different data. 

I worked and clean the data, mainly. 

Now I want to export each input in a different sheet on the same Excel file. 

Any idea of how can I solve this?

Thanks!

Cheers. 

5 REPLIES 5
bensilv
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @amatzielmartinez 

I think the answer to your solution may be here - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-multiple-files-to-different-exc...

If the data is all combined in one dataset, then you can output to different tabs automatically with one output tool. If they are in different streams of data, then the above link (with Block Until Done tools) should work for you.

Ben

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @amatzielmartinez 

You should be able to do it easily by just using separate output tool and pointing it to different sheets.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1629992533144.png

Try and let me know if you are facing any issues.

Hope this helps : )

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

One method would be to create a sheetname column to indicate what sheet you want each row to go to.

Tack that onto the file name and then use that result as the full path for the file output tool.

"C:\myfielocation\Filename.xlsx|||"+[SheetName]

Make sure you check to take file/table name from a field and then replace the entire file path in the output tool.

formula.PNG

output.PNG

  

amatzielmartinez
5 - Atom

Thanks!

It works perfectly. 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @amatzielmartinez 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels