Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Single Output to Multiple Excel Sheets Failing Mid-Write

RikkiLehman
5 - Atom

I have an alteryx flow that uses the "Take File/Table Name From Field" option on the "Output Data" tool and writes to ~30 separate excel sheets one after the other. It successfully outputs about half of the sheets, and then randomly stops with an "Error: Output Data (42): Unable to make final write to FILENAME for By Source.xlsx, Error Win32 Error 1175". Any idea why it's doing this? An image of what I'm seeing is attached. The Black box is just blocking out user information for privacy.

RikkiLehman_0-1582831288453.png

8 REPLIES 8
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RikkiLehman can you try putting a block until done tool before the output tool and see if you still get the same issue?

RikkiLehman
5 - Atom

Hi Joseph,

That doesn't fix the issue. This is from a single output toll, not multiple output tools, so the issue is internal to the tool. I changed the excel file to an xls instead of an  xlsx and it now works, but I'm very curious as to why that is. 

cpapaioannou
7 - Meteor

Hello guys,

Did you manage to find a solution to this very weird problem? We got the same issue in multiple occasions. 

Thanks

RikkiLehman
5 - Atom

I changed the excel file output to an xls instead of an  xlsx and that seems to fix the issue. I've got no idea WHY that fixes it, but there you go.

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

changing the output to a .xls wasn't a solution for me, i got another halfway through the output, it works for several tabs but fails in one of them

" Output Data () Unable to open archive for unzipping: ()" 

Still looking for a solution, please!

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Me too. Did you find the solution?

Thanks

cpapaioannou
7 - Meteor

The problem is that the error is not consistent. It happens randomly and does not fall under a recognizable pattern. It may happen in 1 out of 500 ranges that we output after a lot of successful runs in the previous days. The only common sense I can find is that the issue appears when the excel output is "stressed" with multiple output sheets/ranges.

Would be glad if Alteryx Support can have a look at this.

haphan_tran
7 - Meteor

I write a deep dive into this problem in this post. Please take a look at this.
Writing to multiple Excel Sheets in the same files... - Alteryx Community

Labels