Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Single/First Join

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I have two data sets:

1. Students: a list of all the exams they need helping on

1. Senior Students: a list of all the experience they can help with

How do I join both lists together without having my data duplicated?  I have used split to column to show Exam Help with column so this shows one subject her field. When I do a join my data join for ever possible match, when I just want to match one and move to the next subject. 

Data below

Sam7_0-1644836362166.png

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Sam7 Can you provide the expected result as well please?

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

Good Point.

I am open here, but somethinglike:

Matt there is no-one to help with Art, with Maths he can join to the first one on senior list Harry, 

Gemma can join on English with Jake

So everyone joins once to a senior based on their subject.  They I can pair them off to work together. I do not know how to correctly pair a student with a senior based on their requirement.  I only want a 1-2-1 relationship. I hope I have explained myself well. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Sam7 
Is this something you need?

The null cells mean there is no available pair.

0214-Sam7.PNG

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

I am using VERSION 2021.2.1.35394 therefore I can;t open this. What is the plain round circle doing?

Many thanks. 

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu

Please assist, I am having trouble downloading the data as I am using an older version of Alteryx, is there anyone I can download this?  I really wanted to implement this. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Sam7 to open this workflow in your version, first open the workflow in a notepad and update the version to your version then save and try to open

binuacs_0-1644848500745.png

attaching @Qiu workflow and macro again

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@binuacs Thank you for your kindness and follow-up. 😁

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

That took some work to understand that.  I am very new to Alteryx. Thank you kindly for your help

Labels