Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Simulating a Pivot Table for a Data Source

dewoods17
7 - Meteor

Hello, I have a data set with multiple value columns that I would like to simulate a pivot table with. Attached are the columns i am working wtih. I would like to combine the Weeks portion of this so i have a total output by Store Nbr, UPC, and their Total POS sales, POS Units, Net Ship Retail, adn Net Ship Qty. If it is possible i would also like to filter out certain weeks. Can someone help me with the workflow and configurations for this? 

dewoods17_0-1585234060943.png

4 REPLIES 4
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @dewoods17,

it would be useful if you drop some sample data (as a file) and a screenshot (or file) from the desired output. This would allow us to create a sample workflow.

Anyway - here are the steps you need to perform:

1) Filter Weeks

You can use the Filter tool to achieve this. 

2) Pivot data

Use the Summarize tool for it. Set Store Nbr, UPC, Total POS sales, POS Units, Net Sthip Retail, adn Net Ship Qty to "Group by". (e.g. select the Store Nbr column, click 'add' and than 'group by')

Lastly add a Sum for total output (not sure if I got this right because I don't see a total output column in the screenshot).

Hope this helps a bit. Drop some sample data (or DM it to me) and I'll build a workflow for you 😃

Best

Alex

dewoods17
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your help. here is an example of my input and desired output

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks for the sample data @dewoods17!

Here is your workflow:

grossal_0-1585239447111.png

Settings of the Summarize Tool:

grossal_1-1585239487377.png

Output: 

grossal_2-1585239506622.png

I'll attach the workflow for further testing. Please let me know if this solves the problem and mark it as as solution if it does or drop another question and I'll do my best to help 😃

Best 

Alex

dewoods17
7 - Meteor

Thank you!!! 

Labels