Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Simulate Block until done

danespoors
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to write 3 data streams to the same file and the issue I'm having is that these 3 try writing data at the same time. In the past, i have used block until done in order to write different fields to the same document but the started as one stream.

Is it possible to set an order for data streams to write to a file that are on different streams? E.g. Stream 1 writes to the file then stops running. Stream 2 then writes to the file, etc. Block until done sorts this quite nicely on it's own but I can't see a way around this other than unioning all these together (which I really don't want to do) and then sending the data out afterwards.

Thanks everyone,

Dane.

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@danespoors , 

You NEED the CReW macros!  http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html 

We've got a Parallel Block Until Done.  Connect 2 of these together and get 3 outputs in the order you need.

Without the CReW macros, you can SUMMARIZE the data going into Output #1 (Count Records).  Take that and connect the #2 input to an Append fields tool along with the Count from #1 (uncheck the count, you don't need it) and take the anchor from that tool to the Output #2.  The append makes the data for #2 wait until all records cleared the first set.

Repeat.

You need the CReW macros.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide

Crew Macros are absolutely the way to go. The parallel block until done tool does exactly what you need.   

danespoors
8 - Asteroid

I'll definitely give these a go, thanks for the tip 🙂

Labels