Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Simplest way to append a column to existing table?

tl92
6 - Meteoroid

I just wanted to ask if there is a simple way to append a one-column table which I have generated, to another table with the same number of rows. I feel like there should be a simple way to do that, but I always need to use several tools to get to the result.

If it were rows, I could just use the union tool to append the row below the table. Is there a way to move a column "up" or "down" with the union tool, instead of just "left" and "right"? Or is there another tool/simple workflow which can easily achieve this?

Example:

Existing table:

1 | 4

2 | 5

3 | 6

Want to append following column to the right of table:

So that final result is:

1 | 4 | 7

2 | 5 | 8

3 | 6 | 9

Thanks in advance for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Yes. Use the join tool and instead of using the second option in the configuration, use the first. 

Join on record position. 

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
tl92
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks!

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

You're welcomeMan LOL

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Lauta
5 - Atom

You help me too! thank you very much!

megov31
7 - Meteor

Thanks!

hierde2000
5 - Atom

Hi, 

the join function seems to have evolved in the latest version of Alteryx and this doesn't work anymore. I end up with all the values in the same field. 

How can you do it in the current version? 

Labels