Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Simple contract number lookup

bhabura13
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm trying to identify when a contract status has changed but for some reason am unable to get the new contract info for Contract #2 to return. I have two input files:

1. New Contract Info (Left)

Contract NumberField 1Field 2Field 3Contract StatusField 4
1blahblahblahActiveetc
2blahblahblahActiveetc
3blahblahblahTerminatedetc

2. Old Contract Info (Right)

ID NumberField 1Field 2Field 3Contract StatusField 4
1blahblahblahActiveetc
2blahblahblahHoldetc
3blahblahblahTerminatedetc

I currently have a join and am returning the left unjoined values but contract #2 is not appearing. It will only appear when I return the Old Contract info... Contract Number and ID Number are the same

4 REPLIES 4
lcrosby
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Check out the workflow attached, I think it's doing what you need?

join_example.png

Your workflow only has the output on the left side, to make sure you will always capture all new orders (even if the old one is deleted/missing) you can union after the join tool on both the left and join outputs.

Having the workflow just output from the left side is basically saying you want to exclude any orders that match between left and right tables (as they all match in your example tables). So you need both left and right outputs unioned together to cover your bases.

bhabura13
5 - Atom

Thanks lcrosby... this is getting me closer, but still not all the way:

I want to look to see if the contract number in the new file is in the old file

If it is, I want to check and see if the contract status has changed in the new file.

If the contract number matches AND the contract status has changed, then I want to return the entire line from the new file

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @bhabura13 

I think this is what you are looking for.

Contract Status Change.JPG

bhabura13
5 - Atom

Thank you! This is perfect

Labels