Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Simple Macro where it filters your data based on what you enter in the Text Box

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Trying to build a simple macro and its not quite working for me. 

The macro is supposed to point to a field, in my example I'm choosing the field [JOB_DATE], then whatever you put in the TEXT BOX Tool it filters for that information.

In the macro below, if I enter '202106' it should look at the [JOB_DATE] field and only return the records with 202106.

If anyone can look at my macro and see what I might be doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks.

Javier

4 REPLIES 4
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@jdelaguila It's because your Action tools is configured to replace the entire string, including the field, not just the value.

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

It looks like the only choices i have in the Action tool are 3 update choices. Can you send me an example on how i would update the Action tool to NOT replace the entire string?

Thanks for all your help.

Javier

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Here's an update with the adjustment. I changed the Filter to use the Simple option and updated the Action to update the appropriate attribute.

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

To answer your question though, at the bottom is where you'd specify what to find and replace. So if you did want it to just replace the value, that field should only include "202106" instead of "[JOB_DATE] = 202106".

jrgo_0-1630359409793.png

Labels