Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Simple Find Record

benblaisdell
6 - Meteoroid

I can't believe that I am even asking this question, but I am simply trying to search for a particular record using the browse tool.  I hit control F, and it only allows me to search for tools.  I cannot find another icon or widget that will allow me to spot check my data to ensure that records were included in a simple join.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

Hi @benblaisdell,

So currently you can search for a specific record in the browse tool. The best way to do this is to filter the results first then view in browse (or browse anywhere)

This is a feature that is in development and has been shown at conference and in labs. I'm sure it will be in beta soon.

Also, this is a designer question so putting it the designer boards you will get more eyes on this post. (will also flag for moderators)

benblaisdell
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks so much, I am still figuring out the proper protocol for the community.  As for your reply, I was getting confused because I saw the video on how you could search specifically in the browse tool, but still couldn't find the functionality the software.  Sounds like it is still in the works.  I will look out for it.

THX!

Labels