Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

[Simba][BigQuery] (131) Unable to authenticate with Google BigQuery Storage API.

sayalimannur
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am working on a project where I need to connect to Google BigQuery.

I installed the Simba BigQuery driver and set the connection. The connection was successful.

However, when I try to run the workflow, it errors out saying : "[Simba][BigQuery] (131) Unable to authenticate with Google BigQuery Storage API. Check your account permissions.

I do have permissions to all the tables which I am connecting.

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you using the BQ tool or a generic ODBC? If you are using a generic ODBC how are you connecting? If you are not connecting via username/password combo (or via SAML directly through ODBC64) are you connecting via client key/client secret? Does the client have the necessary permissions in BQ?

sayalimannur
5 - Atom

I am using Generic ODBC. I am connecting via user authentication, giving the confirmation key.

sayalimannur_0-1664439590734.png

After providing the key, I selected the Catalog(Project) and Datasets. I have confirmed my access with the team and I have proper access to those datasets

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Test your permissions in BQ in the GCP console.

sayalimannur
5 - Atom

I checked the permissions to the given Datasets in the console as well as in Tableau by directly connecting datasets. I do have the access to these datasets.

Labels