Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

[Simba][BigQuery] (131) Unable to authenticate with Google BigQuery Storage API.

sayalimannur
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am working on a project where I need to connect to Google BigQuery.

I installed the Simba BigQuery driver and set the connection. The connection was successful.

However, when I try to run the workflow, it errors out saying : "[Simba][BigQuery] (131) Unable to authenticate with Google BigQuery Storage API. Check your account permissions.

I do have permissions to all the tables which I am connecting.

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you using the BQ tool or a generic ODBC? If you are using a generic ODBC how are you connecting? If you are not connecting via username/password combo (or via SAML directly through ODBC64) are you connecting via client key/client secret? Does the client have the necessary permissions in BQ?

sayalimannur
5 - Atom

I am using Generic ODBC. I am connecting via user authentication, giving the confirmation key.

sayalimannur_0-1664439590734.png

After providing the key, I selected the Catalog(Project) and Datasets. I have confirmed my access with the team and I have proper access to those datasets

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Test your permissions in BQ in the GCP console.

sayalimannur
5 - Atom

I checked the permissions to the given Datasets in the console as well as in Tableau by directly connecting datasets. I do have the access to these datasets.

Labels