Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Showing Geohash on Map

Hadzramin_Rahman
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am exploring possibility to display geohash on map.

Is this possible using Alteryx?

‘Geohash’ is a string of codes that represents a rectangular grid of an area on the map.

The size of the grid varies with the length of the geohash code.

The longer the code, the smaller the grid size.

For further understanding you can refer to the following link:

http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/geohash.html

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Inactive User
Not applicable

If you create a trade area from a point (longitude/latitude) and then generalise after to be exactly half of that area, you will create a squared area surrounding that point, which is not the same as geohash but similar in certain regards. The trade area being your level of precision. You could explore creating a workflow that takes your longitude/latitude point and then decodes that into 4 points to create your rectangle polygon; but I am thinking that would require an API to a program that decodes that or building your own decoding method based on geohash rules.

Hadzramin_Rahman
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Inactive User yeap I have the same understanding of having 4 points to create a polygon.

Will try your suggestion using trade area tool.

Labels