community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Show values for results from Interactive Chart Tool

Highlighted
Meteoroid

The interactive chart tool only shows the values of the chart when you hover the mouse pointer over the bar/line/ect. Is there a way to have the values always present? It would make for easier use on presentations. 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @AudieCruz 

You can add data labels using the interactive chart tool with version 2019.3 of designer.

In the interactive chart tool, create a layer and edit the style for the layer. You can establish the value you would like to see on the chart and the position of that value. Not all chart types allow for this feature.

Here is a screenshot of the interface.

Capture.PNG

Let me know if this helps or if there are any other questions.

Luke

Meteoroid

Thank you Luke @LukeG . At the moment our company is useing 2019.2 designer, because server is also on that version. The last time that I upgraded designer ahead of server I was getting compatibility issues when uploading workflows. Is that still the case? Is there a way to update the tool without having to update designer? 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Ok, it is a best practice to have Designer and Server on the same version. It's also okay to have a newer version of server than designer.

If you upgrade your designer to be ahead of server, you may experience issues again.

At this point, I don't know of a way to update a tool without updating Designer.

Luke

Bolide
Bolide

@AudieCruz , i came across a feature that was only in 19.2 and I found out that i could grab the XML portion that designated stacked bar charts and inserted into the 18.3 version and it worked. So if you have a desktop that you can test in 19.3, maybe you can apply that XML code directly to the tool to get it to work in 19.2. (you'll have to enable xml view in the user settings to look at the xml code directly in Alteryx.)

Meteoroid

@jarrod Thank you. That is good to know. At the moment our company has a limited set of licenses, and I would have to technically upgrade my version/grab the code/downgrade to apply. I'll evaluate and see if this would be the way go move ahead with this. 

Labels