Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Show field name based on Value

HM
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'd like to create a field which shows the Field Names for projects that have a value of 3 - is there a better and quicker way to do it than using IF formulas?

Data Input:

Project Pies Cakes Bread Tarts
A 3 3 3 3
B 2 3 1 1
C 1 2 3 3
D 2 3 2 3

Desired Output:

Project Pies Cakes Bread Tarts Value of 3
A 3 3 3 3 Pies & Cakes & Bread & Tarts
B 2 3 1 1 Cakes
C 1 2 3 3 Bread & Tarts
D 2 3 2 3 Cakes & Tarts

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

HM,

Thanks for the question.  I've answered it with a module.  I explained the solution within the module/pic.  There's a spoiler alert!  don't look down if you want to solve this yourself.  Please note that I didn't join the data back to the input (final step in your request).  

Thanks again for the puzzle.  I hope that I solved it in a manner that will have business value for you.

Mark

Capture.PNG

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

HM,

Thanks for the question.  I've answered it with a module.  I explained the solution within the module/pic.  There's a spoiler alert!  don't look down if you want to solve this yourself.  

Thanks again for the puzzle.  I hope that I solved it in a manner that will have business value for you.

Mark

Capture.PNG

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
HM
8 - Asteroid

Thank you! The solution was straight forward and very easy to understand thanks to your descriptions

Labels