Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Show browse tool results with test tool in app?

HW1
9 - Comet

I have configured my workflow to stop uploading output to a database if it finds any duplicates for the [Primary Key] column.

So, as designed, the test tool shows an error when it encounters the condition however the browse tool does not show any values.

I would like the output of the app to fail/not upload to the output tool if there are duplicates and still show the duplicates so that I can resolve these and then run the workflow again. however, the Interface Designer configuration allows to show the output only on success but nothing on failure.

There might be a better way to do this than using the Test tool.

How can I do it?

I have attached the example workflow.

Thanks HW

7 REPLIES 7
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

Try the message tool - seems to work

TimN
13 - Pulsar

TimN_0-1667359668787.png

HW1
9 - Comet

edit

HW1
9 - Comet

@TimN  The workflow does not show browse tool output when run as an app. It throws an error but no duplicated rows

HW1_0-1667360385612.png

TimN
13 - Pulsar

What about a filter like this?

TimN_0-1667361228158.png

Message Type = Message

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Here's the workflow.  Hope it works!

HW1
9 - Comet

This is a brilliant idea however if there are no duplicates, this workflow does not carry though to the output node as the summary tool does not generate any rows. I will try to add the generate rows tool and an if-null-then-else in the formula tool to work around this tomorrow.

Thank you for the direction. 😄

Labels