Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Show Interface List Box as Table with Multiple Columns

aweldon1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I currently have a an app with a list box that allows a user to make multiple selections and the app will run based on those selections. However, I would like to be able to have a list box that shows more than one column for the "NAME" selection. For example, I want a user to be able to see the list box options that each include details such as "Analysis ID", "Analysis Name", and "Perspective", so that they can make a selection based on all of that info. In the example attached, my only current solution was to concatenate each of these so that they can all be included as one column.  

Note - the attached file is a very basic example, as I can't provide the actual data. However, I do have a working application. Rather than seeing "Analysis ID - Analysis Name - Perspective" I would like those values to be split up a bit more, so that it looks like separate columns. Almost as if there are 3 "names" for each "value". Is this possible? 

Thank you!

Amanda

1 REPLY 1
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@aweldon1,

Right now the List box works like you stated with having to concatenate the different option you have. There isn't a multiple field option at this time, but would be a cool idea. I would suggest adding that to the Designer Ideas board.

You may want to look into the Tree Tool. It may be easier to setup and manage that type of app rather than spending time concatenating everything. Even though it's still vertical solution, you may be able to get the same benefit as the horizontal with having the ability to display different types in a certain section.

Labels