Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Shift data to Right and insert new columns

lomeoari
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

I have an existing excel file with years of data on it. Each year I need to insert a new column and have all the data shift to the right, and insert the new data in column B. I need to insert two comparison columns as well in F & G each year and have comparison data shift to the right as well. I am trying to do this without selecting all the data in the file as it is formatted and simply just insert blank columns that I can input the new data in, in columns B,F&G. Sample file attached with original and needed output. 

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @lomeoari ,

It appears this can't be done automatically with the data you've provided. You say you need to insert a new column with, in this example, 2022 data, but you don't provide how that is derived, so I assume you need to add this manually and have Alteryx calculate the others.

Alternatively, is the new 2022 column being added at source and this then needs to be used in the following calculations?

M.

Bulien

h_kleine
6 - Meteoroid

Not very elegant, but maybe you can use this as a start. You'll probably need to build a macro since your number of years in the input is unknown. 

Screenshot 2021-10-18 133006.png

Labels