Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sheet name prefix/suffix

Pkumar196
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Community, 

I am looking for a solution where I can add a specific prefix/suffix in all sheet names as well as in file name and then convert it into an analytic app. Can anyone provide a suggestions/solution for the same. 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Pkumar196 The append Suffix/prefix option available in the output tool

binuacs_0-1653148147730.png

Pkumar196
6 - Meteoroid

@binuacs Thanks for the solution. It has solved my query partially. I tried the solution it has updated my sheets name. In addition to sheet name I want to update my file name as well with the same keyword. Could you please help me with the same. For example my current output file name is ABC_DIM0196057_Report with sheet name DIM0196057 Monthly Report and DIM0196057 Quarterly Report but next time when I will run the file I want my file name to be ABC_DIM0265457_Report with sheet name DIM0265457 Monthly Report and DIM0265457 Quarterly Report.

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Pkumar196 would this approach work for you? You build the entire filepath up using the fields that your suffix and names of your sheets will come from and then in your 'Output Data' tool, replace the entire filepath with this. Have attached an example workflow:

Building custom filepath with the suffix in file and sheet name:

DataNath_0-1653482837265.png

Configuration of Output Data tool, with 'Overwrite Sheet or Range' selected and changing the entire filepath using the field containing the custom path:

DataNath_1-1653482911108.png

Output, with the custom '999' suffix in both file and sheet names:

DataNath_2-1653482952705.png

Pkumar196
6 - Meteoroid

@DataNath Thanks for the solution. It does resolve my query. In addition to it just wanted to check if it is possible to generate output in an existing file with multiple tabs already there with the same configuration for name update as per your resolution. I was able to do it using append/prepend suffix in output configuration and selecting the existing file for saving location. But since we are using change entire path not sure how to do it.

Labels