Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharing insight to Gallery

Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Hello,

I'm trying to save an insight onto Alteryx Gallery but that can't be done. I only have a grey message saying "No Galleries Registered"

Am I missing something? 

Lately, I had a lot of troubles getting Acces to the Alteryx Gallery

- My account lost its Artisan status and I couldn't save any workflow anymore, but just got it back a 1h ago without any reason

- Even with the Artisan status, the Save button to save a Workflow onto the Gallery was just not working (nothing happened while clicking on it), I had to downgrade my Alteryx version from 2018.3.5 to 2018.3.4 to be able to export Workflow to the Gallery again

Not sure if there is still an issue with my Gallery or if I'm missing a step here to save Insight directly to the Gallery

Thanks for reading!

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hakimipous

I will suggest you make sure of the following in order to make sure everything is setup correctly from your side:

• You must be at least an Artisan in order to publish to your Gallery
  • Please make sure you have "Enabled Insights" from Alteryx System Settings
  • Please make sure you have "Enabled Insight Worker" from Alteryx System Settings
  • Please make sure you have added your Gallery to the Designer.

Please kindly check the above and help us with screenshots where relevant.  

Otherwise I have reached out to you via email in case you require further support.

Christian Rincon
Manager, Customer Support
Alteryx, Inc.
Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Thanks for replying @ChristianR

I have everything checked  and I'm an Artisan on Alteryx Gallery

It says that my server is not configured for the Gallery Feature. I don't have a Server, just an Alteryx Designer License.

I'm trying to save my insight directly on my private studio on Alteryx Gallery (https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!apps/gallery)

My Gallery is added to the Designer because I can still save my workflows in it

ChristianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hakimipous

Thank you for clarifying you are trying to publish to our Public Gallery.  The Insight tool cannot be used on our Public Gallery.  Our Public Gallery is maintained and managed internally and the Insights option is not enabled so this will be expected.

In order to Publish the Insights Tool you will need to have a Private Gallery and Enable the Insights tool from the Alteryx System Settings configuration.

Christian Rincon
Manager, Customer Support
Alteryx, Inc.
Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't aware of that distinction 

That makes sense then

Labels