We're excited to announce that we'll be partnering with Credly starting October 19th - see what this means and read the announcement blog here!

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Sharepoint list Input/Output Tools - Dynamic Configuration

sandeep_chayanam
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if any of you tried to dynamically configure the URL, credentials, list name properties of sharepoint list input/output tools and get it working successfuly?
i.e., rather than hardcoding URL, credentials, list name in the tool, can anyone tried making it dynamic using a batch macro?

Thanks,
Sandeep.

4 REPLIES 4
AndyC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@sandeep_chayanam it's been a while since your initial post, is this still an issue for you?

Thanks

Andy Cooper
Senior Solutions Engineer - EMEA
Alteryx
sandeep_chayanam
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately, yes.

Batch macro approach should work in theory but it doesn't for the Sharepoint list input/output paramaterization.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

PamW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The batch macro approach should work, can you provide an example of what you tried?

pamW
sandeep_chayanam
8 - Asteroid

Example is very basic & I've explained in my original post 10 months ago!.

Here is in detail:

There are 2 sharepoint lists on 2 sub sites  (1 list on each sub site) of exactly same structure (1 for Dev environment & 1 for Production).

Workflow needs to be able to read from the correct subsite depending on the environment.

Steps:

2 sub sites -> subsite 1 & subsite 2

list name -> list1

Same user got access to connect to both sites.

Batch macro Input  -> Sharepoint URL - action on "Sharepoint URL" property on the input tool to update it at run time (User Name, Password, List name are same accross environments)

Batch macro output -> data from the list

Below is the error when you try to run it with a different sub site (subsite 2 for example)

"Error: SharePoint List Input (9): ERROR: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown."

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Labels