Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint Macro- Filtering Data

geeksqaud
8 - Asteroid

Happy New Year!!

I am currently using a SharePoint list as the data source for my workflow and have noticed that it takes a significant amount of time to retrieve the data, approximately 50 minutes. This is because the list contains around 80,000 records and holds data from the past two years.

I am wondering if there is a way to restrict the data that is retrieved from the list, similar to using a WHERE clause in SQL, in order to improve performance.

Is it possible to specify a filtering condition that will limit the amount of data being retrieved from the list?

2 REPLIES 2
geeksqaud
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR  Any thoughts?

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @geeksqaud 

One possible way (and the only one that i know about using the sharepoint list tool) of dealing with this is by creating a sharepoint view based on your sharepoint list :Create, change, or delete a view of a list or library - Microsoft Support

When you create a sharepoint view, you are able to set a filters to show only specific records of your sharepoint list. Like this one that was set to filter rows from the list that were created on the last 7 days:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1673111863703.png

After creating the view, you will be able to select it on your sharepoint input tool:

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1673110317535.png

So, with a smart filter for your view and a scheduled workflow considering this filter, it is possible to handle this problem.

Labels