Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharepoint List Output Error: The server does not allow messages larger than 2097152 bytes

ashleychen2737
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow that is appending 9 records to a sharepoint list. The workflow runs all the way until the Sharepoint List Output tool. The error is below. Has anyone found a solution for this?

sharepoint error.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ashleychen2737,

It seems this is the Designer reporting back a Sharepoint error (some information here) where there is a limit on the amount of data you can upload. Is is possible to shrink the data at all?

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
ashleychen2737
6 - Meteoroid

Unfortunately we require all the columns. I was able to find a temporary solution by using block until done and only outputting a record at a time. That seemed to work however, I'm now getting a whole new error. I now get this error. It sometimes occurs on all of my outputs and other times it occurs on one but not the others.

Capture.PNG

chrisdinKansas
5 - Atom

I realize it's been a while since this question was posed but I ran into the same problem - the solution for me was crazy ridiculous and I only tried it after all else failed - use Data Cleansing to remove all leading and trailing whitespace and my upload to SharePoint ran without throwing any errors.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps

cborges
5 - Atom

Amazing. This worked perfectly !! KUDOOS KUDOOS!!!

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I tried this and some of my records still seem to be failing. I have one column that includes an email address that is loaded into a column with a People Picker setting. 

I know I have filtered all the Inactive people out of the list but somehow there are still people without a SharePoint profile from my list of over 2000.  Does that logging in Allteryx say which data caused the error specifically or do I literally have to go line by line to find where it ended (the last successful line that got loaded)?

Regards,

Adam

ashleychen2737
6 - Meteoroid

I had to test each field individually. Sometimes it turned out to be a datatype or size limitation. 

ashleychen2737
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Sophia,

I only had 9 records with a limited number of columns. I checked both Sharepoint and alteryx, and the number of bytes was minimal

Labels