Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharepoint List Inputs in a Batch Macro

Minsy
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I've been trying to create a batch macro that extracts data from multiple sharepoint lists, so when I run the macro on its own (not the workflow that has the macro in it), the sharepoint list input does not have any errors. However, when I run the workflow that has the macro in it which updates the value of the list in the sharepoint list input, I face this error "Error encountered: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown."

I have already saved the connection in the sharepoint list input and it is not a problem regarding the number of records as the lists that I'm extracting from has few records (ranging from 0-10 so far).

Any ideas why I face this error?

4 REPLIES 4
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Minsy ,

The below thread is a discussion on a similar error:-

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Sharepoint-List-Input-error-Exception-...

Resolution seems to be increasing the 'List view threshold' on the sharepoint admin side. Do confirm if this resolves your error.

Best,

Jagdeesh

Minsy
5 - Atom

Hi @jagdeeshn,

Sorry, I can further clarify my problem, so for macros, there are 2 different files, the macro and the workflow, so e.g. for list A, if I manually input the list A into the sharepoint list input in the macro file, it runs perfectly fine however when I start to use the macro in the workflow and have the very same input list A, that error starts to appear.

Minsy
5 - Atom

I managed to solve my problem. Apparently when using a macro and having a sharepoint list input where you are manipulating the list (using a control parameter), I would need another control parameter to not just change the name of the list but also the ViewGuid which is also changing as you're changing lists.

GouthamShetty
7 - Meteor

Hi Minsy - I am facing a similar error - Where the workflow runs when run directly, but when running via macro it's not able to identify the list.

Possible to share more about how you managed to resolve it?

Error Encountered:List "the list name" does not exist at site with URL "given URL"

Labels