Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharepoint List Input Lag

gab3
7 - Meteor

I am pulling in data into a workflow from a sharepoint list that has roughly 8,000 records in it.  Currently the workflow is taking around 11 minutes just pull in the records.  Does anyone know if there is a way to speed this up or is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Inactive User
Not applicable

That does seem abnormally slow to me; I have experienced a lag before but not like that. For developing, you can write that input out to a YXDB and use the YXDB for development, then swap it back over to the input tool once you are done (tip to help speed the process up). Are you pulling the list from your desktop or a remote server? What is the connection speed like and are there any heavy firewall/security settings?

gab3
7 - Meteor

I'm pulling the list from a remote server in the UK where as I am located in the US.  Which I expected would cause some lag, but not to this degree.  My Connection speed is good (800+ Mbps download speed).  There is a heavy firewall, but that shouldn't cause much trouble since it is a company intranet sharepoint site.  I was hoping to use a YXDB, but I am using Alteryx Designer and not Alteryx Sever so I don't think that is an option.

cpituley
8 - Asteroid

Hi Gab, 

I have the same issue as you. After talking with some of our internal technology support teams the latency I am experiencing (also from an internal SharePoint site) is due to the firewall setup. You could ask your technology team to look into it for you and see if it is the same case and see if they are able to open a port or white list you/your connection. I had no such luck. 

Kind regards,

Cameron

kommirajesh
5 - Atom

My SharePoint list has 8500 records and my workflow took around 16 Minutes to complete.

Labels