Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharepoint List Input | Alteryx 11.7 Views not populating

Mwmoreno
6 - Meteoroid

I am connecting to a company SharePoint site that utilize single sign on.  I'm not receiving any errors when connecting to the SharePoint and all of the lists populate within the tool.  I am an admin of the site and I also gave myself full control, design, and edit rights to the individual lists that I am having problems. with.  

For some reason I have two lists that will not populated any view names.  This causes an error when trying to connect to the list.  All other lists populate views just fine.  These two lists are the primary lists on the site that are utilized.  I went in and removed all but the primary views in thinking that it might be having too many views.  I also archived the majority of the data on the list to ensure that there wasn't too many records for the list to populate.  I have included a screenshot below of the error that I am receiving.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing the view information not to populate?

Sharepoint List Input Error.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
TMOCliff
5 - Atom

I have an identical issue in a SharePoint 2016 / Office 365 environment. Some (most) lists on our site populate views without issue in the SharePoint List Input Tool. A handful of my lists, and of course the list that I actually need to connect to, do not display views in the drop-down. Instead, the drop-down is blank and no views are offered for selection. 

I raised an issue with Alteryx Support, and I'll loop back here when and if they help me find a resolution. 

fwalton
5 - Atom

TMOCliff,
Also experiencing the same symptoms.  Almost all lists populate, but the particular list we're seeking data  from as a source will not populate the View dropdown.  Nothing apparently unusual about the SP list, it is accessible, has multiple views, all of which are functional in the browser.  Will let support focus on one ticket resolution and attempt resolution based on that.

justin_grosz
6 - Meteoroid

Had this issue at a current client and we are seeing some lists populate with views and others that do not. For the lists that do not populate with views, I have hard coded the XML and it appears to be working. Here is what I did depending on your familiarity with XML code.

1. Go to your configuration and make sure there is the XML logo on the left (</>). If you do not see that go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > Advanced > Check Display XML  in Properties Window.

2. Click </> and hit edit in the top right

3. Your username, password and lists should be populated already but there is nothing for view

4. Insert this line of code <View>ViewName</View> (ViewName is the View you are looking for)

5. Sample to make sure it works <RowLimit>10</RowLimit>

6. Run

Hope that helps,

Justin Grosz

Sr.Advanced Analytics Consultant

Cleartelligence

fwalton
5 - Atom

Justin,

Extremely helpful.  This solution was effective for resolving the stated condition, and will also be useful for any future anomalies induced by Configuration Properties UI constraints.

Thanks.

Mwmoreno
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you this worked perfectly!  I have marked your response as a solution to this problem.  

jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

https://ah.XXX.net/sites/optnewco/

As there are different views under list "Projects (Alphabetical)" but I am not able to see them under view dropdown

1. All Active Projects
2. Active New Opptys
3. Active Renewal Opptys
4. All Projects
5. All New Opptys
6. All Renewal Opptys

I need data in view "All Projects"

As per your instructions in HTML I changed view file name to "All Projects"

<Configuration>
<List>Projects (Alphabetical)</List>
<URL>https://XXXX.net/sites/optnewco/</URL>
<UserName>XXXX\A0740411</UserName>
<Password>46A6720974148F040112EE9BCDDB845565D3B1D9BE3D91039</Password>
<SharePointVersion>2013</SharePointVersion>
<SaveConnection>true</SaveConnection>
<View>All Projects</View>
<RowLimit>10</RowLimit>
</Configuration>

But Still getting error "Error: SharePoint List Input (1): Error encountered: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Please let me know what I can do?

Thanks in advance

Latez
6 - Meteoroid

Wow!  Extremely helpful.  I have been wrecking my brain all afternoon.  Finally came across your reply.  Thanks!

WladyslawSawicki
5 - Atom

Amazing! Thank you very much for sharing the tip @justin_grosz ! 😎

Labels