community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Sharepoint List Connection Office 365

Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm attempting to connect to a Sharepoint List and I'm being told my Office365 credentials are incorrect (even though I know they're not.)

I just want to confirm I've configured the tool correctly or if there is a step I've missed somewhere:

Sharepoint Version:

Online/Office 365

Sharepoint URL:

https://comapnyname.sharepoint.com/sites/SiteName

Next section is email address & password but I know that that is correct.

Does the admin of our SharePoint site need to allow me to connect to the site in this way before I can go any further?

Thanks

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hey @dbyfield 

I don't think so, obviously you have to have permissions to see the site with those credentials. 

Can you access the list via your browser?

Asteroid

Hi,

Yep no issues with viewing the site / list through the browser. 

At the moment i'm taking 10+ excel files & updating around 300 list entries through the browser using CTRL+V and I just want to streamline this.

thanks

David

Asteroid

I am experiencing the same thing.  I have access to the site but the Sharepoint tool tell me I have checked and account name (email) and pw are correct

clipboard_image_0.png

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi all,

Does anyone have a suggestion on this, seems like it should be a simple solution and I'm missing something obvious......

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I have the same problem. I had a working connection with SP 2016 (List tool) but the company is recently migrate to SP o365. I tested with the SP o365 site (which I am the owner and have full control of the site), but got the following error msg: "The sig-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft account system". I checked (against the SP o365 settings, and I does have valid username/pwd).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Labels