Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Sharepoint 365

Rob83
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I need to find the way to connect my alteryx workflows to a Sharepoint site that now uses the 365 version. In the old version I was connecting to a sharepoint to read multiple excel files, after the change in my company now I cannot connect as before and read the files one by one as I used to. Does anybody have any idea how can this manage? I also need to consider that all the processes are executed during the night using the Gallery and not locally from my laptop.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ChristopherT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Rob,

Your post here has created a support case with Alteryx Support and I wanted to let you know I've been looking into this issue for you. To better help understand your issue, it sounds like your company recently changed to Office 365, are you having issues connecting to Sharepoint in general or having issues viewing the files within Sharepoint after connecting? If you're receiving an error, providing a screenshot of this error would be very helpful.

Also, knowing the version of Designer would also be helpful, you can find this by going to Help > About within Designer and this will provide you the version number. Please feel free to pass that along and I can continue to help troubleshoot your issue. If you'd like, you can email support@alteryx.com directly which will create a new case I can associate with your already open one here and we can communicate directly via email from there. Thank you!

Rob83
7 - Meteor

HI, Thank you for your follow up. The version i am currently using is 2018.3.4.51585.

Scenario is: using a Directory tool i need to be able to load multiple xlsx or csv files in a sharepoint folder. The solution I implemented was working before but my company moved the sharepoint version to Office 365 and after change I am no longer able to connect to the sharepoint site using the previous folder structure. The site just doesn't find the directory.

Hope this helps, within my company I also raised a ticket and folks told me that currently they don't have an internal solution so I am considering other technologies now.

thanks again

ChristopherT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the update. Without seeing the error it is hard to confirm what may be going on but I did want to provide this article here: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Designer-Sharepoint-List-In...

This covers some issues when using the Sharepoint tool and logging into Office 365. If its possible to send a screenshot of the error / issue you are seeing that would be helpful too. Also, I would suggest emailing support@alteryx.com directly so we can communicate via email on a support case and possibly set a up time for a screen share so I can troubleshoot this issue further for you. Thank you! 

CharltonFranklin
7 - Meteor

@ChristopherT wrote:

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the update. Without seeing the error it is hard to confirm what may be going on but I did want to provide this article here: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Designer-Sharepoint-List-In...

This covers some issues when using the Sharepoint tool and logging into Office 365. If its possible to send a screenshot of the error / issue you are seeing that would be helpful too. Also, I would suggest emailing support@alteryx.com directly so we can communicate via email on a support case and possibly set a up time for a screen share so I can troubleshoot this issue further for you. Thank you! 

Hi Christopher Torres,

It seems you missed his clues. You provided a link to the SharePoint list connection instructions, but he says he's connecting to files, which means he's using a SharePoint library - a file not a list. I'm having the same issue. I don't know how to connect to a file in a SharePoint Library on SharePoint 365.

deepak_juneja
5 - Atom

Hi, 

Every time I try to write to a share point list I get the following error. Please advise 

deepak_juneja_0-1620223433102.png

Labels