Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

SharePoint list Input fails in Gallery

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a workflow that reads data from a sharepoint list, does some calculations and then updates a database.

It's working fine when I run it in Designer - but when I uploaded it to Gallery, it fails with error 'Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel'.

Is there anything in the server setting that might be missing and cause this, or could there be any other explanation?

Thanks, Michal

Highlighted
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi @MichalK,

This suggest that your server is potentially missing some SSL certificates and is not authorising your Alteryx connection.

I've been working with both technologies for the past few years and have never come across this one.

I'm aware of some other limitations like 5K for a single data pull, funny behaviour with lists with many fields etc., but my setup has never created such error.

What i would do myself (this is provided i have server access), i would go to server remotely and try navigating to your SP site via browser and see if this is working fine, my theory is that it will not work and most likely you'll need to work with your support team to address this security element before resolving your Alteryx connectivity issue.

Powodzenia!    

Thanks,

Rafal

#Excuse me, so you speak Alteryx!

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

Do you know how the connection works in the background? The tool requires entering access credentials (which I'm passing as App parameters), does the server worker need access to that sharepoint anyway?

Michal

Highlighted
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi @MichalK,

Most likely the Alteryx tool runs RESTful APIs behind the scenes.

Based on the limitations i've mentioned in my previous post, i've actually develop SP connectivity myself from ground up using Microsoft APIs.

This is simply because there were many limitations with out of the box tools, for example the 5K limit, connectivity for library interaction including file upload and download and few others.

I explained this not long ago in this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Sharepoint-List-Threshold-Exceeded-whe...

I'm also planning to create macros for the same and publish on the Public Gallery for everyone to consume in an app encapsulated format, but this may still take a few weeks until i fully QA this and release.

Thanks,

Rafal

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

hi @rafalolbert ,were you able to create these macros.. we keep getting intermittent SSL errors when downloading files from Sharepoint. 

Labels