Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

SharePoint Online Input - View Threshold

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

After reviewing the Knowledgebase article:  SharePoint List Input | Alteryx 11.0 it seems that one should be able to connect directly to a SharePoint list, however, when trying to establish an Input connection I constantly get an error regarding List View Threshold.

In the Input I set the following information

SharePoint Version: Online

SharePoint URL: Pointing to the primary site

List: Set to the specific list

View: Unable to select anything from the dropdown

Error: The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator

I have tested on other lists and works as long as the number of views is limited, however, I'm not sure what the magic number is.  I can't find anything in the configuration that would allow me to change this threshold.  Has anyone else run into this problem or figured out a way to successfully connect to SharePoint Online lists with multiple views?

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar
Are you an admin on the Sharepoint?
Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I am the admin.  Is this a setting on SharePoint?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Do you have any suggestions since I am the admin of the SharePoint site?

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Can you check if resource throttling is enabled?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Our SharePoint is not on-prem, so we don't have access to that configuration option.

The strange thing is that the list works fine in SharePoint.  We've created views with indexes to get around any 5000 item limitations.  It just seems that Alteryx is looking at the whole list during configuration and not even populating the List dropdown.  I've confirmed that other lists work.  It only seems to be with lists that have more than 5000 items on them.

I even tried going into the XML for the workflow, in hopes that the configuration was incorrectly displaying the error because of the way it gathers the list information at build time, but it also threw the error when I attempted to execute.

I was hoping that Alteryx would allow us to go to a view that limits the number of items.

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar
Highlighted
7 - Meteor

It is a limitation within SharePoint, which is why we created views with indexes (which is the recommended method to get around this problem).  Alteryx seems to be looking at the raw list, without taking into account the views that would limit the record count.  This feels like it's slightly out of sync with what it should be doing when working with a list during build time.  Also if we were to use something like Access, it doesn't have a problem with pulling data based on a specific view.

Labels