Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint List Output not extracting all the records from the view

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

I am trying to extract a SharePoint list, When I use the SP list output I get data in which couple of columns are entirely null 

When i compare them with the exported version of SharePoint list i.e. by manually clicking on the button "export to excel" I find values on those columns. 

Why am I not getting the same data when extracted via Alteryx

Am I missing anything

7 REPLIES 7
JohnGD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Manjari !

If you add a browse tool right after the SP input, can you see the same data as in your excel export ?

Thank you in advance,

John

John Gonggrijp-Dowe
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JohnGD,

I get the Same number of records and columns in the browse tool as that of the excel export, but data in the columns are missing

JohnGD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Manjari,

Could you send an email to support@alteryx.com with the following :

- Version of Alteryx

- Version of Sharepoint

- Configuration of the SP input tool

- Number of records read through

- sample data and workflow to reproduce

These will allow us to troubleshoot further.

Thank you in advance.

John Gonggrijp-Dowe
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.

jayisraelson
6 - Meteoroid

I am having the same issue.  It's missing data in two of the columns (Created By and Modified By) from the SharePoint List in the alteryx workflow so both columns are empty. 

In SharePoint site where you can view the list directly, the columns have values (the person's full name in last name, first name format) but they are a clickable link for sending IM text or calling their phone via Skype. 

Is there a workaround for this?  So alteryx will pull in the values correctly for those columns...

KI5JEB
7 - Meteor

Is there a solution for this? I'm having a similar issue. Two fields that are not 100% null in the SharePoint dataset are coming through 100% null in the Alteryx workflow output. I cannot figure out why. These are personnel names from SharePoint User Information List and they are names that come through fine in other personnel fields but not these particular two fields. I have tried creating and using a new view in SharePoint and running a completely separate workflow in Alteryx with only those fields. No matter what, those fields will not populate with valid values from the source.

Aurovind
5 - Atom

I am facing the same issue. Is there a workaround or fix ?

Aurovind
5 - Atom

Root cause of this issue in my case was due to SharePoint List threshold limit error. People picker field has a limit of 12, after deleting couple of fields, the issue was fixed. 

Labels