Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint List Output Tool

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

I am encountering an error when trying to configure the SharePoint List Output tool to connect with my SharePoint URL location.  "The sign-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft account system."  After reading some other comments in the Community I reset my password to exclude "special characters".  My password has been updated correctly in my Microsoft account.  However, I am still getting this error message.

Has anyone else had issues with connecting the SharePoint List Output tool?

SharePoint Version = Online/Office 365

Any guidance, very much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @KSassone ,

the only time I've ever had this problem has been an incorrect username/password.

I would get IT to double-check the security token is associated with that login, and the password and usernames are correct.

M.

Bulien

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@KSassone, i had this problem recently in my current company, the IT team said that the problem was that we were using an legacy authentication method to connect Alteryx with Sharepoint. The microsoft AD IT team stopped alowing us to use this type of authentication for security reasons.

The solution for us was to start using the App Only Authentication method.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1663201976801.png

You can find some tutorials on the internet about how to generate the client id and the client secret for a specific sharepoint site. 

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 thank you for your response - this definitely looks like a solution !  Once I have figured out the Client ID and Key I can Accept this as a Solution.

I so appreciate your prompt response !

Kindest regards,

Kiri

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @KSassone 

You can find the necessary steps to generate the Client ID and Client Key here:

Connecting Sharepoint 365 - Alteryx Community

Labels