Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SharePoint List Input - Issue of data type

nparikh
6 - Meteoroid

I connect with SharePoint List, connected fine but seems like datatype is not supporting 100%. I mean to say, Field1 is auto selected for data type V_WString (20), but I found there is many records have more than 20 chars in Field1. While running workflow, it throws warning of truncation. There should be a way to set Data type of Input source.

There can also be possible, when SharePoint List source is connected in Workflow that time there was only data with less than 20 chars, but after expansion of data in SharePoint List, there is more than 20 chars for the same field which will end up with truncation.

Does anyone know how to take care of this issue? Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
joelfernando
6 - Meteoroid
Have been trying to download a specific file from sharepoint

Joel Fernando
Marketing Automation Analyst
Tel +91 22- 6134 2220
Mob +91 828-675-3159
collinsongroup.com

Follow us on: [Description: Twitter] [Description: LinkedIn]

[Description: Description: Collinson Group]

The Collinson Group Limited; Registered number: 2577557, Registered in England & Wales; Registered Office: Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU.

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software and delete this e-mail from your computer system. You may not deliver, copy or disclose its contents to anyone else. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Collinson Group Ltd and/or its subsidiaries or any other associated company (collectively “Collinson Group”).

As communications via the Internet are not secure Collinson Group cannot accept any liability if this e-mail is accessed by third parties during the course of transmission or is modified or amended in any way following despatch. Collinson Group cannot guarantee that any attachment to this email does not contain a virus, therefore it is strongly recommended that you carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software virus infection. Senders of messages shall be taken to consent to the monitoring and recording of e-mails addressed to members of the Company.
Sri9
8 - Asteroid

Did this work and it didn't work for me either?

Labels