Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SharePoint List Input Error encountered: The property or field has not been initialized. I

NathanLB
5 - Atom

After countless hours trying to troubleshoot this issue, I've decided its time to reach out for support.  I'm attempting to use the sharepoint list input tool in order to reach in a list. I'm able to see the list within my configuration but every time I run it I return the following error off the input tool:

SharePoint List Input (2) Error encountered: The property or field has not been initialized. It has not been requested or the request has not been executed. It may need to be explicitly requested.

To make it even more odd, I can read in any other lists, including some that are much larger without issue. I've tried setting my version to 2007-2016 with the same results. Since everything else works without fail, I have to believe that there is something specific to the file or file structure that is causing this. Is there anything I should be looking for or a way to troubleshoot this deeper? 

also if I download the file to excel format there is no issue with the workflow. Only when attempting to read in from sharepoint. 

3 REPLIES 3
NathanLB
5 - Atom

Any Ideas? Im tempted to try it column by column until it throws the error. 

NathanLB
5 - Atom

So after countless attempts to identify the issue, I sat down with my Sharepoint admin and went field by field through the view until it threw an error. What we found is that anything that could be interpreted as a link or url is going to crash this process.  There were several fields that were doing a lookup and that was the issue. Once that was corrected on the backside, I was able to read in the data I needed. "People picker" fields didn't seem to cause the issue just the lookup fields. 

salbol1
8 - Asteroid

Another avenue to check which remedied this problem for me was going into the settings for the List and verifying if the lookup is a required process.ListIssues.PNG

Making these not required (unchecking that option) allowed me to be able to pull the data.

Labels