Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SharePoint List Input | Alteryx 11.0

tmbauer0512
6 - Meteoroid

Does Alteryx have the capability to use an alias for connecting to SharePoint through the SharePoint input tool?  

I have a workflow with several separate workflows, each of which connect to different lists.  However, when my password expires I have to go change it on each input tool, which is cumbersome.  

4 REPLIES 4
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @tmbauer0512

I've not been able to find a way to do this - but what you can do is to wrap these flows in a macro by adding an action (set to change password) and a text input - so that you can change all uses at once.

I've mocked up a simple version of this for you - it doesn't solve your problem completely (so it is well worth you suggesting an idea in the Ideas forum), but it is FAR less painful than having to change this in dozens of places :-)

Hope this helps

Cheers 

Sean

tmbauer0512
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!

I'm not able to open the workflow - I'm still on version 10.6.8 and I'm getting an error that the workflow was made in a more recent version.  

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) updated the version number.

tmbauer0512
6 - Meteoroid

That worked! Thank you!

Labels