Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Several Output Excel files keeping the same single template

Guilherme91
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

Can someone help me creating several countries excel files from 1 template?

I have 2 inputs in Alteryx.

• “Economic” – Economic data for several countries
  • “Sales” – Sales data for several cities in the same countries

Those countries are divided in aggregations, such as “Benelux”, “Nordics”, etc..

I have a template with two charts and tables that are populated by the additional two tabs in the template file. My goal is that Alteryx outputs populates “Economic Data” and “Sales” tabs with the data for each country which would automatically populate the charts and tables.

In addition I need it to save the file as “Analysis_country xxxx” in the aggregation folder. The folder structure is as the example below:

Guilherme91_0-1580919567721.png

Guilherme91_1-1580919578193.png

So, from the template file I need to create as many files as countries in the input files (Economic and sales) and save them in the correct aggregation.

Is this possible?

Thank you very much,

Guilherme Neves

10 REPLIES 10
Guilherme91
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @DavidP !

Thanks again for your previous help.

I'm having a new problem now. I want to have a workbook per country, however the number of templates copied should be the number of cities within the country. The templates would be at a city level.

So, from the previous template the final result would be:

Guilherme91_0-1582108335999.png

Is this possible with the run command?

I managed to have the number of cities and their full path but don't now how to proceed.

Many thanks,

Guilherme Neves

Labels