Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Setting up data table to graph impact of sales order changes based on notification days

PMurphy4
6 - Meteoroid

As shown in the attached I have been given the data that shows when sales orders were changed, their old request dates (due dates) and new request dates.  I cannot figure out how to have Alteryx compare rows that have the same sales orders and then determine if it was the first change made to the order, the second, third, etc.   I'm getting close to manually going through the data, please stop me!  Thank you!  (Oh and all data in the attached is fictional in case someone from my company is wondering.)

4 REPLIES 4
Garrett
11 - Bolide

I think a "Multi-Row Formula" tool will do the trick. Sort the data first and then use a Multi-Row Formula to add a change flag to each row (grouping by the Sales Order field to start the flag over at 1 for each new SO).

After that a Summarize tool can take care of the aggregation for charting.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @PMurphy4, you could also use the Tile tool and group records within them. As shown in the image below, I group the data based on Sales Order column using the Tile tool and it numbers the value within it.

AbhilashR_0-1602631560843.png

PMurphy4
6 - Meteoroid

Amazing!  I've been trying to figure this out for two weeks in Tableau and within minutes you provided an Alteryx solution!  Thank you @Garrett !

PMurphy4
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @AbhilashR!  I see this Tile tool can work as well.  I'm trying to wrap my head around why the tool requires you to sort the sales order and then the change date?  Tile_Num categorizes the field you choose but how does Tile_SequenceNum know the order without telling it which field to utilize for sequencing?  Thank you again!

Labels