Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Setting up condition: If today's date > date in a column, return "Overdue", else "Open"

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Guys, this is a simple problem of IF...ELSE...but don't know how to set this up. 

I have an Excel file with multiple columns, as usual. One of the columns has "Action due date". I want to create an additional column in Alteryx whereby anything that has action due dates that are past today's date (today = whenever I open Alteryx), it will return a value of "Overdue" against that row of data, and anything that is not past today's date will have "Open". 

How do I set this up? I am trying to set this up using Formula but it doesn't have to be using the Formula tool if there are better ways. 

5 REPLIES 5
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You could probably use something like IF DATETIMENOW() > [ACTION DUE DATE] THEN 'Overdue' ELSE 'Open' ENDIF. You will just have to make sure the Action Due Date column is a date datatype.

Hope this helps! 🌯

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Yep this works. How can I add another IF condition? In Excel it would be IF and AND functions.

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

IF (DATETIMENOW() > [Target Completion Date] AND [Adequate] = "Yes") THEN 'Overdue' ELSE 'Open' ENDIF

Alteryx doesn't like the "=" (equal sign)

I want to create that new column where it requires the dates in the [Target Completion Date] column to be in the past (first condition) and where the [Adequate] column has entries that say "Yes" (the second condition).  

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@alteryxlim 
Your above formula should just work fine. Maybe your "Adequate" is not String type data?

0219-alteryxlim.PNG

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Thanks Qiu! What a simple error. 

Labels