cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Online Help Survey

Help shape the future of Alteryx Technical Documentation by sharing your feedback!

LEARN MORE
Announcement | Looking to expand your Alteryx skillset?! Check out the latest set of interactive lessons in Alteryx Academy: Creating Analytic Apps

Setting spatial projection dynamically based on input

Meteor

I have a .yxdb file that includes a large number of polygons each with a name and a projection field.  I want to create a separate Shapefile output for each polygon.  That's the easy part.  I need to set the UTM Zone projection for each polygon in the output file.  I am having trouble figuring out a solution to setting the output file projection based on the required projection.  Each polygon will require a different projection that is defined in the field.  Is there a way to set the projection based on a field showing the projection?  I'm open to alternatives to having the projection in a field as well.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @nextelspe

I think the best way to accomplish this would be through using a batch macro and using a control parameter to update the projection for the shapefile. Here's the documentation for batch macros to help you design your own: https://help.alteryx.com/2018.2/BatchMacro.htm

Attached is an example macro I put together with some sample data.

Labels