Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Setting data type as "Date"

murrayjl03
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a workflow which takes individual trackers (Bob and John), which will be run daily and consolidated into a "Consolidated tracker". It calculates if the job is pending or overdue (based on the deadline date and today). I have also set it up so that if the job is removed within the individuals tracker it marks as complete.

When it marks as complete I want the "Date complete" column to update with todays date which is where i run into the problem.  The first time i run this however it defaults the type as a Double, if i use a select to try and set this to a date it doesn't seem to have the option. 

So my question is, how can i set the column type to Date so i can use DateTimeToday() function when the "Date Today" column is blank.

Hope this makes sense.

Attached the workflow and spreadsheets (The job 1 within Bobs Jobs has been removed from the individual tracker and should be marked as compete with todays date as the "date complete)

Thanks,

Jess

3 REPLIES 3
gc
9 - Comet

Jess, can you upload your workflow and your input Excel file? That might help the community.

murrayjl03
7 - Meteor

Hi GC.

Just updated my question and attached the example data.

Thanks,

Jess

gc
9 - Comet

See attached update to your workflow. It looks like the null values on the incoming data on DateComplete aren't interpretable as data type Date, as you observe. So I changed the DateTimeToday() calc in the Formula tool to be in a new "temp" field, then used Select to grab that field and rename as DateComplete. Maybe this works for your situation, or you can modify it to do so.

Labels