Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Setting data from one cell to several rows

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have an issue, with a table updated every month, that comes with the data without the reference date on each rows, the date stays above the headers on one cell. How should I automatically set this date into all the data bellow? Because I need to send this data to another bigger table.

Please see the example on the picture bellow. I need to set the date on the blue cell into the yellow cells.

Every month the total of rows of data are different.

Thx in advance,

Tanai

Alteryx Date Problem.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
tcroberts
12 - Quasar

If they're all supposed to be the same, you could do a Multi-Row Formula Tool with the following expression:

[Row-1:Date]

Let me know if this would work in your situation or you need another solution.

Cheers!

danrh
13 - Pulsar

From your spreadsheet, it looks like you need to reformat your data a fair amount as well. Without knowing how consistent your data is, it's hard to tell exactly how to do this, but attached is an attempt to both format and add the date to every line. Note that this depends on the date being the only data above your table, and the end of your table having with the word "Total".

Take a look, see if it gets you closer.

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Thank you  

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Thanks tcroberts,

It would probably work too.

I've used danrh solution that worked completely for my case.

Regards,

Tanai

Labels