Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Seperating the values inside the row

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

In the below picture I just need  "1 - Build Rapport (BEST) (online) " don't want data part. 

There are 33000 rows in the same format with different names and lengths

Can we separate them in two different columns or can we apply the formula just to select the underlined part omitting the date field in Alteryx?

Kavya432_0-1572024855000.png

10 REPLIES 10
Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot! it worked!

I got the other question

There are other sources from where data is coming from like iDrive, iLearn etc. 

User wants to combine all the data so I did applied union operation. Over all its bringing 149K ish records. 

We need to lookup for the above field  on Course name and bring other fields from MC_Desc table.

From the above solution you provided it improves the count from 40K rows to 65K rows. But user says it should match 90% of the raw data (149K rows)

We could able to identify easily that we need to remove (online) and date and time by looking in database(all are in the similar format). but rest of them are different its been very difficult to match those.

Is there any best recommendation or suggestion or solution you provide.

Please find the attached workflow. Let me know if you want to look at the data

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Kavya

Labels